POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PoV World Map update : Re: PoV World Map update Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:20:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV World Map update
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 16 Aug 1999 00:05:23
Message: <37B78E84.21871D65@geocities.com>
Ken wrote:

> Bob Hughes wrote:
> >
> > Odd IE tendancies I suppose ;)
> > Netscape was fine actually, I just wanted to try to update this Win
> > system with the IE5 stuff and gave Outlook a whirl. It really does
> > have a few good points and does seem a bit faster as per
> > advertisement.
> >
> > Bob
>
> Faster in what regard ?
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> See my 700+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Um, maybe faster in corrupting your data? Or faster since it ignores
most of the RFC's and standards and just does what the MS engineers just
bothered checking for? Or faster as it does not even bother formatting
text properly for non-HTML and non-RTF posts? Or faster at spreading
macro viruses and trojans as it 'hides all the messy details from
users'? Or faster at mangling downloads as it completely ignores
MIME-types and does what the HTTP specs says explicitly NOT to do (RFC
1945 section 7.2.1)...

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.